Some people have been wondering if there’s a need to contribute to other local and national Christian Science nursing funds now that the National Fund for Christian Science Nursing has launched. The answer, of course, is yes! Here are just a few reasons why it’s important to contribute to other Christian Science nursing funds:
- NFCSN cannot pay the full cost of Christian Science nursing care in all cases.
- Many funds are vitally involved in making Christian Science nursing care available and accessible in their communities.
- Many funds have a wider focus than the NFCSN. Some are giving financial assistance to seniors for food, rent and utilities. Others are funding visiting Christian Science nursing services or funding training for Christian Science nursing. Still others provide direct assistance to Christian Science facilities, helping with improvements and other projects.
- Local foundations know the specific needs of their community and can focus resources on those specific needs. Local foundations offer a grassroots approach to tackling issues. When donating to local foundations, you are directly helping people in your local church community.
- Many funds organize workshops and talks for their community to inspire, educate, and solve problems. Many funds offer a range of other creative and useful service that fall outside of the scope of the NFCSN.
We encourage you to learn more about the purpose and missions of the other Christian Science nursing funds. You can find a list of funds that directly assist individual patients on our website at nfcsn.org/resources/financial-resources. You can find a list of organizations that are providing Christian Science nursing in their local communities at nfcsn.org/what-we-do/nfcsn-partners. In addition, we encourage you to learn about the Isabel Foundation and other funds who are actively involved in supporting Christian Science nursing organizations and activities nationally.