Christian Science Nurses
and Christian Science Practitioners
Grants from the NFCSN are paid directly to the Christian Science nurse, facility, or Christian Science practitioner providing the service.
The following are some resources to help facilitate this process:
- IRS Form W-9 — Required. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification.
- Banking information — Optional. Receive payment via direct deposit to your checking or savings account.
- Invoice Tool — Optional. Create and submit an invoice for Christian Science practitioner services.
- Travel Reimbursement Policy — Principles that govern how we may reimburse Christian Science nursed and practitioners for NFCSN-related travel.
- Payment of Invoices Letter to Providers — Information to help Christian Science nurses and Christian Science practitioners partner with us and receive prompt payment from the Fund.
- Scope of Services — Published by The Mother Church regarding the role of the Christian Science nurse.
– IRS Form W-9
At the end of the year, The Principle Foundation issues an IRS Form 1099 to each Christian Science nurse and Christian Science practitioner to whom we have made payment. For the 1099, we need your taxpayer ID (e.g., social security number) which is reported on the IRS Form W-9.
To keep this confidential information as secure as possible, we request that you complete the W-9 online where it will be encrypted and stored on a secure server. (You will need the most up-to-date version of Adobe Flash Player for the online form to work.)
– Banking Information (Optional)
The Principle Foundation typically makes payment to Christian Science practitioners and Christian Science nurses by check. If you would prefer to be paid electronically by ACH, please use the link below to provide us with your banking information.
– Invoice Tool
For reporting and audit purposes, The Principle Foundation requires an invoice in order to make payment. If it is not your practice to send invoices, please use the link below to provide us with the documentation we need to make payment.
– Travel Reimbursement Policy
The NFCSN grant may include a provision for travel for the Christian Science nurse or
practitioner. Our travel policy is as follows:
- Local travel (if driving yourself) —$20/hour and 50 cents/mile. Tolls and parking are also reimbursable with receipts.
- Local travel (public transportation)—With receipts, fares are reimbursable; travel time is not.
- Long-distance or overnight travel (if driving yourself)—50 cents/mile up to a maximum of $500. Tolls and parking are reimbursable with receipts. Travel time, meals, and lodging are not reimbursable.
- Long distance or overnight travel (by air or train)—Coach fare, baggage fees, shuttle, and parking are reimbursable with receipts after the travel is completed. Travel time, meals, and lodging are not reimbursable.